The Tuskegee Experience- Tuskegee University Part 1
Welcome back, dreamers! Here we have yet another amazing episode of Dream Lab Podcast. I invited some of my Tuskegee University friends who I met in the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program. I could have easily chatted with them all day but we just didn’t have the time. You will learn a little about their journey to TU and our experiences in the ROTC program. I hope you enjoy it.
Original episode, written and produced by Tarra Faulk
Show Notes: Tarra Faulk
Cover Art: Tarra Faulk
Host: Tarra Faulk
Editors: Emily Prokop, Epodcastproductions.com (audio); Tarra Faulk (audio, written)
Guests: Rolland Coleman, Cedric Madden, Tiffany Rivera, and Charles Smith
Sponsors and Advertising: This episode was sponsored by Leaders Inspiring Fruitful Tomorrows. We need sponsors and we have advertising opportunities for your business. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
• 00:00 Intro
• 00:42 Host intro
• 01:05 Information about Tuskegee University
• 02:22 Introduction: Rolland Coleman (Brooklyn NY, Major: Psychology, Air Force (AF) Navigator, Consultant Program /management, Organizational Development, Diversity and Inclusion and Anti-Racism)
– ?Formerly: airman scholarship enlistment program; now: Enlisted Airmen ASCP & SOAR
Airman Scholarship & Commissioning Program (ASCP)
Scholarships for Outstanding Airmen to ROTC (SOAR)
• 04:55 Introduction: Cedric Madden (Atlanta GA, Major: Aerospace Engineering; Minor: Philosophy, Pilot, Defense Contracting)
• 05:55 Introduction: Tiffany Rivera (Cleveland OH, Major: Mechanical Engineering, Aircraft Battle Damage Repair, Cyber Ops, Space Acquisition, NASA, Defense Language)
• 07:31 Introduction: Charles Smith (Augusta GA, Major: Aerospace Engineering, Aircraft Battle Damage Repair, ROTC Instructor, Reservist, Manufacturing Engineer Ops Manager)
• 09:19 Introduction: Tarra Faulk (Sacramento CA, Major: Biology, Intelligence Officer/Targeteer, Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP), Physician)
• 09:59 How the COVID-19 Pandemic has affected each guest
– …plus civil unrest and now hurricane season
• 13:44 “Gender role” switch
• 16:40 Charles managing teen girls as a team with his wife
• 17:33 The importance of communication
• 17:50 Tiffany managing young children as a team with her husband
• 20:51 Enlisting the help of our community during these times
• 23:07 Ced on teleworking, being home with his children, and home PE
• 26:15 Our guests answer the question: how did you end up in AFROTC?
• 31:50 Ced answers the question: why not the Air Force Academy?
• 33:30 Rolland talks more about his path to commissioning
• 37:43 The needs of the Air Force- job/location “choices” in the Air Force
• 41:40 Rolland takes over but with important information…
– ASVAB, AFOQT, BAT (tune in December 15th to learn more about these tests)
• 45:23 Do you recommend ROTC for others?
• 50:57 Closing
• 51:20 Outro